Well, for the first time I will be publishing my weekly DWTS recap here in WordPress. I usually post this to my Live Journal, but doing it has proven impossible today. LJ is being soooo slow!!!!
At any rate, here is my mini-recap.
- Rob Kardashian and Cheryl Burke: They did a fun and speedy quickstep. I’ve been enjoying Rob’s performances and his progress as a dancer. Their quickstep was very good, but I don’t think that it was as good as the nines that the judges gave them. Eights would have been more accurate. Then they did a jive to “Maneater,” which was a hoot. At this point, he’s my pick for top three.
- Hope Solo and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Hope and Maks took a break from their Magical Mysery Tour and actually had fun. In fact, their quickstep was pretty decent but I would not have pegged it at nines. However, it seems that nines were on a fire sale last night and they gave them to them anyway. On the other hand, their surprise jive was much better in my opinion and they got lower scores than they deserved. Hope’s fringe pants and ridiculous top were hilarious. If they keep having fun like this, they may make it to the semi-finals or even the finals after all. Good job!
- Ricki Lake and Derek Hough: They danced a beautiful waltz. Ricki looked like a frosted cupcake in that blue dress though. (Who’s dressing her?) Surprisingly, after all the fire sale on nines, the judges started nitpicking on them. Go figure. They gave them two nines and a ten. I thought that at the rate they were awarding nines, they should have given them an eleven, but then they’d have to give fifteen or something to Karina and JR (more about that later). Ricki and Derek’s jive was fun, but a bit messy. They’re still my pick for final two.
- J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff: Karina should always dress in white. Period. Their waltz was unbelievable and their surprise dance was incredibly too much fun. So much energy! So precise! They got tens all around and deserved each and one of them. I am soooo looking forward to seeing them in the finals!
- Nancy Grace and Tristan MacManus: Oh, Nancy! I crided for you! I’ve been enjoying your dances enormously and voting for you like mad, but I think that you definitely hit the end of the road. I will miss you. I will miss Tristan. And speaking of Tristan, I hope they bring him back next season. He is adorable and a fabulous teacher. And if he was able to take Nancy Grace to the top 5, imagine what he’d be able to do with someone with an actual right and left foot. Can’t wait.
And that’s all for today folks. Normally, I’d be posting a Death Pool Survey, but I haven’t figured out how to insert one in WordPress. Until then, I leave you with a pic of JR and Karina in all their glory.